Changing Organization's Name in the District

Change the name of an entity registered with the Corporations Division.


To change the name of a registered business entity, you will need to file either the Articles of Amendment of Domestic Business Corporation or Amendment of Foreign Registration Statement (FN-1) and the fee payable to "D.C. Treasurer."  You may also submit an amendment at CorpOnline.

For more information, contact the Corporations Division, (202) 442-4400, Option #5, 1100 4th Street, SW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20024.

Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

1100 4th Street, SW, Washington, DC, 20024

Office Hours: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm and Thursday 9:30am - 4:30pm

Phone: (202) 442-4400

This is map view of the location