Change Corporate Structure

Change the structure of an entity registered with the Corporations Division.


An organization registered with the Corporations Division can change its structure (i.e., LLP to LLC, LLC to Inc.). To change your structure, you will need to submit a Statement of Conversion Form (GN-11), Articles of Incorporation, and fee payable to "D.C. Treasurer."

Procedures vary according to the type of structural change. Contact the Corporations Division, (202) 442-4400, Option #5, or visit DCRA at 1100 4th Street, SW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20024. 

Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

1100 4th Street, SW, Washington, DC, 20024

Office Hours: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm and Thursday 9:30am - 4:30pm

Phone: (202) 442-4400

This is map view of the location