Rent Control Registration - Definition

All applicants for a Basic Business License (BBL) for a Residential Housing endorsement must register the rental units with the Department of Housing and Community Development's (DHCD) Rental Accommodations Division (RAD), as required by the Rental Housing Act of 1985.

The Rental Accommodations Registration Form along with the BBL application must be presented to and stamped by RAD before the issuance of a BBL. The fee associated with RAD registration is $43.00 per unit, per two-year license period in addition to the license, application, and endorsement fees.

Contact DHCD's Rental Accommodations Division at (202) 442-9505, 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20020.

Learn More: