Certificate of Occupancy

All applicants for a Basic Business License (BBL) operating from a premise located in the District of Columbia must provide a Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) or Home Occupation Permit (HOP) for the premise address from which the business activity is conducted in order to demonstrate the activity does not conflict with building and zoning codes. For more information, please contact the Office of the Zoning Administrator at (202) 442-4576.

The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) has made an agreement with The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) to assist businesses and start-ups find space in the District: www.wdcep.com

Learn More: