General Operational Requirements for Tow Truck Storage Lot - Definition
A tow truck storage lot must comply with the following:
- The tow truck storage lot shall be located on a secured lot in the District of Columbia, with appropriate signage, and be in full compliance with all District of Columbia laws, regulations, including zoning regulations. A secured lot is a lot secured at least by a six (6) feet chain link fence capable of being locked.
- The Basic Business License holder shall maintain a log of all vehicles towed to and from its location. The operator shall maintain a log and make it available for inspection by Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs investigators.
- The Basic Business License holder shall apportion the lot into storage lot sections and clearly identify or designate the towing business responsible for each apportioned section.
- The Basic Business License holder shall employ reasonable procedures and requirements to ensure that vehicles are released to rightful owners or other authorized individuals.
- The Basic Business License holder shall conspicuously post, at each tow truck storage lot, the Owner’s Bill of Rights for Towed Vehicles statement issued by the Director of Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs; and upon release of the vehicle, shall provide a copy of this statement to the person to whom the vehicle is released.